Have the flu? That’s unfortunate. It doesn’t have to be completely miserable, however, as there are certain foods that can soothe side effects while also helping boost your immune system. Here are five foods to try when you have the flu.
- These can soothe a sore throat, swollen throat, and a dry throat. They also help you stay hydrated, which is essential when successfully fighting the flu. Staying hydrated keeps your mucus thin and helps ease congestion. Try to eat popsicles made from 100% fruit juice, as these will give your body nutrients rather than sugar water.
- Turkey sandwich. Turkey is lean protein, which is a great component of a healthy diet. The more energy you have, the more easily your body can fight off illnesses.
- You may not feel up to eating a salad while sick, so try a glass of vegetable juice instead. You’ll get the antioxidants you need while doing so. Not a fan of veggies? Try 100% fruit juice instead.
- Chicken soup. It’s good for the soul and good for the flu! Chicken soup helps you get the fluids you need while also providing nourishment. Hot chicken soup can help improve the tiny hair-like parts in the passages of your nose protect your body from bacteria and viruses.
- This seasoning can help boost your immune system and can also lower your risk of developing more colds.